Helpful Links for Families and Individuals with Special Needs
Advocacy Groups and Service Providers
- Accredited Online Colleges
Guide for Online Colleges & Disabilities
- Affordable Colleges Online
College resources for students with disabilities
- The Arc
The Special Needs Alliance and The Arc collaborate on issues of mutual interest. The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes. Visit The Arc’s Center for Future Planning™ to learn about creating a person-centered plan that facilitates independence and financial security.
- Autism Hangout
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Speaks
- Cerebral Palsy Guide
- Cerebral Palsy Guidance
- Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities
- Hearing Loss Association of America
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Autism Center
- National Down Syndrome Society
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Operation Autism for Military Families
- The Cerebral Palsy Group
- United Cerebral Palsy
- Williams Syndrome Changing Lives Foundation
- Pooled Trust Directory, by state. Inclusion in this listing does not imply endorsement by the Special Needs Alliance.
- Medicaid Long-Term Care Guide (organized by state)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Social Security Disability Benefits
- TSA Helpline for Travelers with Disabilities
Financial Services SNA lawyers understand that informed clients make the best planning decisions. Here is a list of financial services companies which have made a significant commitment to the Special Needs Planning area. Feel free to click on the links below to visit those websites which may be of interest to you. Please be aware that these links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only, and their presence does not constitute a referral or endorsement by SNA. If you are a representative of a financial services company that has made a similar investment in the Special Needs Planning area and would like to be included as a reference for our members and the families we represent, please contact the Special Needs Alliance at 1.877.572.8472 so that we may learn more about you.
- Capital First Trust Company
Capital First Trust Company is a state chartered and regulated trust company created with the sole intent of providing trust services to personal injury victims and their families throughout the country. First Capital has a particular expertise and interest in serving as trustee for: special needs trusts, settlement preservation trusts, medical trusts, education trusts, directed trusts, funeral trusts and asset protection trusts.
- First International Bank & Trust
First International Bank & Trust is a corporate trustee that is unique in the services it provides. As a corporate trustee, we are able to provide services throughout the country. First International Bank & Trust has a niche in special needs trust administration, and will serve as corporate trustee for accounts with as little as $100,000 investable cash for a competitive minimum fee. We are willing and able to serve on court-monitored accounts and are not afraid to deal with unique assets and special circumstances. As a corporate trustee, First International Bank & Trust respects the pre-existing relationships that a client has with other professionals, and we welcome the opportunity to work collaboratively with the client’s team of professionals. First International Bank & Trust is willing and able to serve as corporate trustee with a third party financial advisor who is responsible for investing the assets, while being the party responsible for otherwise administering the trust.
- Forge Consulting
Forge Consulting is a General Agency passionately representing injured parties across multiple disciplines, creating balanced and transparent solutions which cater to each individual’s wants, needs, and fears through education and competition in every applicable category.
- MASS MUTUAL – Financial Group
- MERRILL LYNCH – Individual Investors
- Milestone Consulting
Milestone Consulting believes that injured plaintiffs deserve their own advocates during settlement. Milestone assists plaintiffs’ attorneys with any settlement-related needs their clients might have, including government benefits preservation, trust planning, Medicare Set-Asides, cash preservation and annuities.
- National Structured Settlements Trade Association (NSSTA)
- PeoplesBank, A Codorus Valley Company – Trust and Investment Services
- Wells Fargo Special Needs Trust Group