SNA is involved with Congress, investing time and resources toward policies that affect our clients and practices, while promoting SNA’s relationships with key partners and the Hill. The SNA Public Policy Committee and SNA’s Public Policy Advisor and Lobbyist, Brian Lindberg, work with Members of Congress and congressional staff to educate and advocate on issues of importance to SNA’s members and clients.
Although issues change, the Public Policy Committee has recently been focused on 5 priority issues:
- Financial Security, including SSDI and ABLE
- Long-Term Services and Supports, including Administration for Community Living (ACL) programs
- Health, including Medicaid
- Education, including IDEA
- Developmental Disabilities, Autism, and Family Support.
SNA has also been active with the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD), including pushing Congress to address the needs of individuals with disabilities during the pandemic.