Roundup: Special Needs Trusts/Vets with Disabilities/Medicare

SNA attorneys have ongoing involvement with the wide-ranging issues faced by individuals with disabilities, their families and the professionals who serve them. Below is a sampling of posts from member blogs and newsletters.

Mother’s Gifts to Children Create Dispute over Special Needs Daughter

When planning for the longtime financial security of a child with disabilities, it’s best to explicitly communicate your intentions by creating a special needs trust. Relying on the goodwill of others can seriously backfire. Learn more.

Aid is Available for Veterans and their Surviving Spouses to Help Pay for Long-Term Care

Aid and Attendance is financial compensation provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs to veterans needing assistance with “activities of daily living” due to disabilities. Learn more.

Can I Qualify for Medicare if I Have a Disability?

In certain cases, individuals with disabilities who are under 65 can qualify for Medicare. Learn more.


One Comment

  1. Joey Sanders September 14, 2017 at 1:52 pm

    I need help i have a son who has special needs and is 20 years old. He is still in high school. My husband and i are getting a divorce. My husband makes very good money, and i make between 14,000 and 16,000 a year. At first my attorney said since my son has has disabilities my husband will have to pay child support on him even after he is an adult, and now my attorney said i have to get ssi on my son over child support. I told my attorney i wanted child support because my son would get more money, but my attorney said i had no choice i had to take the ssi over child support

Leave A Comment